The OmniSeq Biomedical Information Manager is part of a dynamic cross-functional team that designs systems and products to deliver clinically meaningful molecular profiling information and services to oncologists. The primary responsibility of the Biomedical Information Manager is to perform data extraction and quality analysis from internal and secondary data sources, as well as assist data curation, transformation and system integration. Develop metrics, perform analysis, and develop dashboards and other reports to support both decision making and in-house solution development. The Biomedical Information Manager provides a link between OmniSeq’s raw data assets and management, and are integral to creating custom solutions to support data presentation.
- Develop and execute queries on multiple data systems.
- Oversee data systems quality control.
- Coordinate curation procedures for OmniSeq knowledgebase integration with laboratory information system.
- Serve as the main point of contact with external resources for database design questions/issues.
- Perform data source evaluation (appropriateness and quality) based on knowledgebase goals.
- Assist with evidence curation workflow and tool development and support annotation as needed.
- Develop and document all data management procedures including storage and access.
- Support development of data collection management tools.
- Provide analytical reporting and dashboard development for clinical evidence, R&D, commercial, and customer service teams.
- Manage and assist with design and development of knowledgebase and associated systems.
- Utilize data visualization techniques to disseminate results of analyses.
- Be proficient at working either independently or within a small team environment on multiple concurrent projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, management information systems, biomedical informatics or a related field, a minimum of three (3) years of experience with biomedical data, database development and management and the equivalent of one (1) year of full-time experience using SQL or similar tools for data retrieval, data processing, management and report generation.
- Demonstrated proficiency with laboratory information system, clinical and business operations data management.
- Must be able to build complex queries to automate data management and reporting procedures.
- Must be able to script basic algorithms and perform basic descriptive stats.
- Strong task prioritization.
- Ability to coordinate with IT department and management to implement data collection procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality results in a timely manner, either independently or by directing others.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (oral, written).
- Demonstrated excellent organization skills and detail orientation.
- Advanced degree in Biological or Physical Sciences.
- Experience in an oncology-related field.
- Experience with MySQL databases.
- Programmatic experience in Python scripting language.
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org