The Clinical Scientific Curator will be responsible for ongoing clinical and diagnostic scientific literature surveillance, review, and abstraction and generation of therapeutic association information for precision medicine knowledge bases. The Clinical Scientific Curator will also provide bibliographic and submission tracking for manuscripts, research abstracts/posters, and other documents as needed including diagnostic validation documents, technology assessments and presentations.
Primary Job duties will include:
- Prospectively surveil literature for updates in clinical trial results, new findings from cancer biomarker studies, cancer clinical practice guidelines, drugs and diagnostic approvals for possible inclusion in OmniSeq knowledgebases.
- Perform standardized abstraction of in-depth study methods and results from peer reviewed literature (biomarkers, groups, comparators, endpoints) and FDA label or practice guideline details into OmniSeq knowledgebase.
- Coordinate clinical and scientific review of new/updated therapeutic association statements used in clinical reporting.
- Develop and perform continuous maintenance of a centralized, searchable reference database, and track and maintain associated manuscript and project-specific bibliographies.
- Perform bibliographic citation of appropriate supporting literature in a variety of documents.
- Ensure data integrity by implementing quality assurance for related quality control projects.
- Work cross-functionally with technology team to develop, test and integrate new curation tools.
- Advanced degree in scientific or health-related field with understanding of medical diagnostics, Ph.D. preferred.
- Research training and direct experience in oncology.
- Ability to conduct complex and precise literature search queries.
- Ability to quickly assess, interpret, integrate and reassemble relevant medical and scientific literature.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in technical writing and oral presentations.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and controlled vocabularies.
- Strong attention to detail, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Reference database/bibliographic, file and document management skills.
- Working knowledge of molecular diagnostics, pathology and/or cancer biology.
- Experience with data quality assessment and management.
- Team oriented with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com