The Director of Software Development manages, designs, and assumes responsibility for the IT software applications. This position takes responsibility for all aspects of the research and clinical software in use and provides guidance and assistance in the proper use of this software. The Director of Software Development provides IT support for application development activities, maintains software testing and validation requirements for CLIA/CAP, FDA and other regulatory agency when applicable, and provides training on new and existing clinical applications.
- Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years of experience or Master’s degree with 4-7 years of experiences in computer science, computer engineering, clinical informatics or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in senior engineering leadership roles with people and technical responsibilities
- Proven, successful track record of taking web-scale analytics software products from concept to market.
- Analytics software development experience with large scale data concepts such as data lakes, machine learning technologies/ big data analytics, and data acquisition methodologies using distributed databases (Apache Spark, Hadoop), IMDB (Redis, Hazelcast), SQL and NoSQL database systems,
- Experience implementing cloud-based distributed architectures on AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenStack and PaaS frameworks
- Knowledge of LIMS systems and exposure to LabVantage highly preferred
- Deep understanding/expertise in web applications architecture and development, including application/infrastructure security, fault-tolerant design and large-scale distributed computing for genomic analytics software
- Good knowledge of modern open source frameworks for big-data analytics and machine learning
- Proven record in designing distributed, multi-component frameworks with comprehensive programming APIs and well-specified web services protocols.
- Biotechnology, medical device industry software development experience preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. as Visa sponsorship is NOT available
- Position is designated on-site and not available as remote.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org