Performs slide based histological assays, tests, and procedures and any other such tests conducted by a clinical histology laboratory; including sectioning, staining, macrodissection, FISH, ISH and IHC for use in diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cancer.
New graduates are encouraged to apply. The entry level Histotechnician focuses on test competencies and knowledge development, exhibits knowledge of laboratory tests, standards, professional ethics, basic knowledge of laws and regulations, and consults with more experienced team members when necessary. Experience in FFPE and frozen sectioning, FISH, IHC, and macrodissection for molecular testing is preferred, but not necessary.
- Prepares and examines specimens using a variety of instruments, histologic and molecular diagnostic techniques.
- Utilizes analysis software for QC monitoring, report interpretation and generation.
- Maintains a safe and well-stocked work environment; validates reagents, instruments and procedures.
- Involved in relevant quality control and continuous quality improvement activities, the performance of calibration and maintenance procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Associate’s degree in Histotechnology or a related health care discipline and License to practice as a Certified Histological Technician in the State of New York; or
- License to practice as a Certified Histological Technician in the State of New York.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. as sponsorship is NOT available
NOTE: Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by OmniSeq Inc. as following acceptable educational practices.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org