JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
OmniSeq seeking a motivated IT professional to support, maintain, optimize, and implement a wide range of IT systems in a fast-paced team atmosphere. This position will provide opportunities to be involved in projects to solve business problems and improve the user experience. Qualified candidates should have a 4-year degree in a technology major such as Computer Science or Information Systems along with a minimum of three years of experience as an IT professional.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide customer support for IT applications and hardware.
- Respond to, troubleshoot, and resolve IT support requests in a timely manner.
- Document processes and close support requests in ticket (JIRA) system.
- Communicate with internal customers and external vendors to resolve IT issues.
- Support, install, implement, and update IT applications and hardware.
- Identify and reduce technical issues in existing applications.
- Participate in on-call support.
- Apply technology to solve business problems and improve user experience.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Support and maintenance of servers and backups
- Asset inventory reporting, planning and management.
- Troubleshoot advanced computer issues (network, phone, hardware, software, & peripherals)
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s (4-year) degree in a technical major, such as computer science or information systems. Will consider a combination of education and experience in place for a four-year degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience supporting, troubleshooting, and maintaining IT applications and hardware.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot technical problems and provide solutions
- Highly self-motivated and possess the ability to work independently with minimal direction or supervision
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an orientation towards professionalism and customer service
- Possess a high aptitude for learning with the ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Experience in coordinating simultaneous assignments, following work priorities, meeting project deadlines, and coordinating personal work schedule.
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting computer hardware, software and peripherals issues within a business environment.
- Responsibilities require occasional evening and weekend work, sometimes with little advance notice, and participation in an on-call rotation.
- Clinical or healthcare industry experience, preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, SCCM, Office 365 and Active Directory.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 10 desktop operating systems.
- Experience with Linux and HPC a plus.
- Solid understanding of basic networking.
- Scripting and automation, preferred
- Familiarity with 21 CFR part 11, CLIA, HIPAA, and related clinical regulatory requirements, preferred
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional lifting/carrying (50 pounds or less)
- Availability to perform work outside of regular business hours