Performs supervised simple and complex molecular tests in the Research and Development (R&D) laboratory to optimize oncology-based assay processes; including sample preparation, workflow, automation and analyte detection to support OmniSeq’s molecular diagnostic testing business.
- Technical lead for developing, optimizing, validating and performing advanced diagnostic laboratory tests (ADLT) using Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms and orthogonal genomic based methodologies.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand project objectives, gather workflow requirements, design tests, troubleshoot issues, and implement solutions.
- Identifies, develops and carries out novel experiments in order to optimize the ADLTs for fast turnaround time, cost efficiency, scalability and eventual approval by regulatory agencies.
- Establishes expertise in the operation of instrumentation and techniques.
- Devise and execute training, where appropriate, to develop and elevate the technical skills within the team.
- Support testing as part of clinical trial assays and contract research agreements.
- Records and analyzes data to ensure QA/QC at each workflow step; ensures completeness and accuracy of data.
- Processes blood and tissue samples provided to the laboratory; as needed for various projects.
- Maintains strong relationships with instrument vendors and support specialists.
- Support any and all collaborative services; including pharma, industry and academia
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences (i.e. Molecular Genetics, Biology, Biotechnology, Medical Technology) and the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time professional clinical or research experience in a laboratory.
- Strong Molecular Biology background (NGS) and experience processing tumor samples.
- License to practice as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist in the State of New York; or eligibility for licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist in the State of New York.
- Strong computer skills.