Performs supervised simple and complex molecular tests in the Research and Development (R&D) laboratory to optimize oncology-based assay processes; including sample preparation, workflow, automation and analyte detection.to support OmniSeq’s molecular diagnostic testing business.
- Technical lead for developing, optimizing, validating and performing advanced diagnostic laboratory tests (ADLT) using Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms and orthogonal genomic based methodologies.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand project objectives, gather workflow requirements, design tests, troubleshoot issues, and implement solutions.
- Identifies, develops and carries out novel experiments in order to optimize the ADLTs for fast turnaround time, cost efficiency, scalability and eventual approval by regulatory agencies.
- Establishes expertise in the operation of instrumentation and techniques.
- Devise and execute training, where appropriate, to develop and elevate the technical skills within the team.
- Support testing as part of clinical trial assays and contract research agreements.
- Records and analyzes data to ensure QA/QC at each workflow step; ensures completeness and accuracy of data.
- Processes blood and tissue samples provided to the laboratory; as needed for various projects.
- Maintains strong relationships with instrument vendors and support specialists.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences (ie. Molecular Genetics, Biology, Biotechnology, Medical Technology) and the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time professional clinical or research experience in a laboratory.
1. Strong Molecular Biology background (NGS) and experience processing tumor samples.
2. License to practice as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist in the State of New York; or eligibility for licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist in the State of New York.
3. Strong computer skills
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com