The individual in this position will be responsible for assisting research and development team in a collaborative and multi-disciplinary effort in developing and validating OmniSeq’s molecular diagnostic and next generation sequencing based bioinformatics analysis pipelines, along with playing an important role in additional research related projects in the field of clinical oncology.
Research Scientist, Bioinformatics will interact extensively with members of bioinformatics team, software development team, wet-lab experts and clinical pathologists. She/He will be expected to utilize NGS data analytical skills including but not limited to QC, exploratory analytics, hypothesis testing, reporting/presenting scientific results in a comprehensible manner.
- Support research teams using cutting edge data analysis and statistical approaches in order to investigate complex genomic datasets including DNA-seq, RNA-Seq, TCR- repertoire, Microbiome, etc.
- Collaborate with bioinformatics pipeline engineers and software development teams to design and analyze clinical datasets.
- Contribute to design, development and implementation of computational workflows for internal R&D goals.
- Present scientific findings, results and brainstorm ideas collaboratively with the scientific teams.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or closely related fields.
- Experience with NGS required, with Ion Torrent or Illumina sequencing platform preferred.
- Industrial experience preferred but not required.
- Proficient in programing languages such as Python, R and shell script required.
- Demonstrate strong scientific understanding of cancer genomics and show a capability for independent and critical thinking.
- Confident, proactive individual capable of taking the initiative and driving to results.
- Solid organizational skills and independent drive to sustain productivity and meet deadlines.
- Position requires individual to relocate to Buffalo, NY.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. as sponsorship is NOT available.
To apply, please send your resume to Margot Schoenborn at email@example.com