OmniSeq is seeking a highly motivated Senior Accountant to support and maintain our accounting and financial functions including financial reporting, internal controls, recording of daily transactions, and GAAP compliance. Reporting to the Executive Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant has a highly visible position and will interact with senior management. This position needs to ensure transactions, problems and questions are resolved on a timely basis, so that the organization is operating at an optimum level relating to financial matters. Must be a strategic thinker and have excellent communication skills as there will be significant interaction with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis – Provide complete and accurate financial information for OmniSeq to satisfy the needs of management, owners, lenders and regulatory agencies.
- Internal Controls and Improvements – Implement and monitor OmniSeq’s defined Policies and Procedures, while continually reviewing and improving procedures for maximum efficiency and internal control.
- Monthly Close – Establish a calendar and manage the monthly close process to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Account Reconciliations – Completion of monthly account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts including bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Accounts Payable – Entry and preparation of all vendor invoices and payments.
- Adjusting Entries – Entry and preparation of all necessary monthly journal entries.
- External Audit – prepare workpapers to assist the Executive Director of Finance with the annual audit process and interaction with OmniSeq’s external auditors.
- GAAP Compliance – Ensure all transactions are recorded in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and determine appropriate treatment when necessary.
- Taxes – Coordinate information requests for various State annual filings and franchise taxes. Remit quarterly sales tax payments to New York State.
- Process travel reimbursements and employee reimbursements monthly.
- Manage external payroll company and review and verify bi-weekly payroll amounts.
- Process Improvement – Identify opportunities for improvement within OmniSeq’s accounting function. This position needs to embrace technology and be forward-looking to increase automation and efficiency.
- Assist the Executive Director of Finance with various projects and analysis as needed.
- Maintains OmniSeq’s system of accounts and keeps books and records for all company transactions and fixed assets. Oversees preparation of financial reports and analyses as required, including interim and year-end financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Interfaces with OmniSeq’s external auditors and prepares required reports, documentation and supporting schedules.
- Develops and implements accounting policies and procedures, including internal controls.
- Coordinates State reports and annual filings including sales tax.
- Responsible for cash and account reconciliations, fixed assets, accounts payable, and all related entries.
- Results-oriented, self-starter who sees the big picture and drives operational execution by proactively identifying and resolving issues using sound business judgment.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Team player who effectively collaborates with others to facilitate agreement across functions using strong organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Integrity – Maintaining honest and ethical conduct.
- BA/BS in Accounting and at least 2 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Experience/proficiency working with accounting software – QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and proficiency with other programs in the Microsoft Office suite.
- CPA is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in the healthcare, biotech, diagnostic or pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Experience with PCAOB audit requirements a plus.
NOTE: Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by OmniSeq Inc. as following acceptable educational practices.
To apply, please forward your resume to Jenna Murray, Operations Manager and Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.