The senior software developer will take a technical leadership in user requirement gathering, software development, testing, enhancement, and maintenance for our in-house developed/customized LIMS/LIS software system. This position will coordinate resources and processes to deliver software releases and assists in defining software development strategies.
- Work with other software engineers to complete software development project on time with heavy hand-on programing
- Gather user requirement from laboratory scientists as well as different functional teams such as client relations, financial services, lab operation, R&D team.
- Design efficient and modular software solution based on user’s request
- Provide technical advice to management team
- Ability to mentor and lead junior engineers to develop new technical skills
- Maintain legacy software platform to ensure business operation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, clinical informatics or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in independent web development in Java or Python
- Knowledge of LIMS systems is required and exposure to LabVantage strongly preferred
- Strong Oracle/MySQL experience required
- Industrial experience with full SDLC and agile development methodology
- Working independently and ability to coach and lead junior developers
- Experience working with scientists in biotech/pharmaceutical company and/or clinical labs highly desired.
- Proven ability to communicate with end users and team members
- Project management experience is highly desired
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. as sponsorship is NOT available**
- Position is designated on-site in Buffalo, NY and not available as remote**
To apply, please send your resume to Colleen Scharf, VP of Operations at email@example.com