Software Support Engineer Intern
The software support engineer will be the on-point support for software and database related tasks for house developed/customized LIMS software system as well as other web-based application. The support includes, but not limited to, data correction, debugging, and escalate complex issues to senior team members.
- Work with other software engineers to support daily database and software maintenance effort for both clinical and R&D projects
- Complete individual coding tasks in Java and other programming language as directed
- Communicate with end-user related to the support tickets
- Provide technical suggestions for improvement opportunities to the software development team
- Ensure best practice for software coding and engineering
- Maintain legacy software platform to ensure business operation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, clinical informatics or related field
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in independent web development in Java or Python
- Knowledge of LIMS systems is preferred and exposure to ClarityLIMS a plus
- Strong Oracle/MySQL experience required
- Experience with full SDLC and agile development methodology strongly recommended
- Experience working with scientists in biotech/pharmaceutical company and/or clinical labs highly desired.
- Proven ability to communicate with end users and team members