As a Software Test Engineer, you will play an important role in designing and developing new automated tests and designing and implementing test driven infrastructure. By working closely with developers, business analysts and QA team, you will be expected to understand what each software system is meant to do, its key features and users. This position is responsible for working in a diverse and demanding computing environment and requires strong analytical ability, flexibility, communication and interpersonal skills. The Engineer must have a passion for diving into data, technology, be a problem solver and have a desire to improve software quality within a team environment. This role is critical to us in ensuring technology functions efficiently and effectively, minimize errors and help to meet software quality goals and any compliance requirement.
- Assist in development and writing of software test plan that covers functional, performance, regression, end user, integration, scenario, stress, scalability and system level testing.
- Estimate and review test efforts as part of the overall development effort
- Perform Functional, Integration, System, and User Acceptance testing.
- Analyze and understand requirements, business use cases, technical requirements
- Develop and implement automated and manual tests.
- Track and report upon testing activities, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines, etc.
- Assist QA Team to ensure content and structure of all Testing documents / artifacts is documented and maintained.
- Work as a member of a team to develop automated tests by analyzing user stories, acceptance criteria, participating in design reviews and collaborating with the developers, product owners and business analysts.
- Identify and document detailed requirements for testing system needs and functionality.
- Participate in reviews of software specifications, test strategies and schedules verifying completeness, accuracy and breadth of quality commitments.
- Work with development engineers to find and address product scalability, quality, and performance-related needs.
- Effectively communicate test status, measures, issues and corrective actions during Test reviews.
- Execute tests manually when necessary.
- Monitor known bugs and issues, escalating where necessary to expedite resolution.
- Provide support and assistance to all IT team members related to software testing.
- Complete unit, GUI, integration, user acceptance, regression and production testing.
- Ensure that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts.
- Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Engineering relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience performing software test for complex systems
- Minimum 3 years as a software test automation engineer or software developer for commercial applications and/or services
- Minimum 2 years of experience writing automated tests using Java or C#, with a proven understanding of object-oriented design & coding principles
- Experience working within FDA regulated environment and GxP standard
- Experience developing test plans from requirements and estimating
- Experience creating an automated test capability for a software product
- Experience working in Jira/Confluence
- Knowledge of testing principles, concepts, techniques and tools. For example, scripting, test management/tracking, data analysis/analytics, black box, white box, load, etc.
- Proven track record of researching & analyzing complex issues
- Strong ability to work independently as well as with highly cross-functional teams
- Strong SQL query writing and troubleshooting skills as well as strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of data modeling concepts
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under pressure, and to prioritize work to meet deadlines
Desirable but not Essential:
- Knowledge of LIMS and clinical lab process
- Knowledge of JAVA/Python
- Experience working in an agile software test environment
- Multi-platform testing experience – web OS and browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) & mobile operating systems such as iOS and Android is helpful
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org