The Vice President, Business Development for Pharmaceutical Services and Clinical Sales is responsible for leading business development activities to sell OmniSeq’s biomarker discovery and research testing capabilities for pharmaceutical services opportunities and build partnerships with pharmaceutical, life science and contract research organizations. (60%). The incumbent will also manage the execution of clinical sales’ client management activities with OmniSeq’s third party distribution channel, LabCorp, and OmnISeq’s Senior Field Applications Specialist(s) utilizing their consultative selling skills to engage customers who need advanced product and service support (40%).
The VP of Business Development for Pharmaceutical Services and Clinical Sales will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and is tasked with ensuring the integrated commercial success of the company. This role involves a deep understanding of how to identify opportunities within pharmaceutical and life science organizations and how OmniSeq’s capabilities can be used to support successful partnerships that drive pharmaceutical service revenues. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing strategic partnerships with pharmaceutical and life sciences companies, experience with client services in an externally facing role, and an understanding of genomics, bioinformatics solutions, next generation profiling technologies.
- Evaluate and prioritize commercial and business development initiatives that support new product/service offerings, core competencies and/or shifts in marketing or operational strategies.
- Develop and implement business development playbook for pipeline and contract execution.
- Regularly communicate key activities and solicit guidance from OmniSeq’s executive team.
- Leverage cross-functional teams across R&D, commercial, finance and legal to support new and existing partnerships.
- Identify and develop new pharmaceutical and research partnerships, collaborations, and revenue streams of strategic interest.
- Develop business models, forecasts, and commercialization plans for new and existing products/service lines in conjunction with cross-functional leaders.
- Engage prospective pharma, life science, and CRO clients on OmniSeq’s expertise and product offerings.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with pharma, life science and CRO clients, and communicate account activities to internal stakeholders
- Manage sales pipeline to ensure accurate and adequate lead inflow to reach targeted sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with key opinion leaders, distribution channel partner stakeholders and sales team.
- Work with R&D team around new pharma and product offerings leveraging and bioinformatics services
- Establish and monitor progress against key performance indicators.
- Holds bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business Administration or life sciences, advanced degree preferred
- Experienced at representing the commercial function with the executive leadership team.
- At least 5 years of experience in an overall commercial/business function having held executive roles in recognized innovative- organizations.
- Extensive experience (10+ years) building and growing partnership programs with pharmaceutical and life science companies in a business development, service sales, or professional consulting role.
- Ability to independently procure and lead meetings with potential partners at pharmaceutical and life science organizations, drawing from an existing set of client contacts and other relationships
- Experience selling clinical , research and investigational products
- Demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding revenue targets.
- Understanding of molecular biology and profiling technologies, including next generation sequencing
- Demonstrated communication skills in both written and oral presentations.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership skills and comfortable in rapid changing environments.
- Experience managing geographically remote teams.
- Mission-driven individual excited about OmniSeq’s mission.